Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Cupboard Trilogy

A little while ago I came across a Facebook group call the The Craft Cupboard which Jane Songhurst set up to allow crafters to buy and sell to each other.  There are also a couple of sister groups for challenges / chatting and selling handmade items too.  There is a wonderful group of crafters in there and it is great to have a place to chat with people with similar interests as well as buying / selling craft items.

From this a Challenge Blog emerged and a few weeks ago Jane asked if anyone was interested in being part of a design team for monthly challenges,  I decided to apply and was lucky enough to be accepted onto the scrapbooking team.  There is also a team of card makers and digi scrapbookers too.

Today is the first challenge.

The challenge is to use at least 3 colours from the following colour palette with black and white also being allowed.  The full details can be found Here




Here is my layout:-


The photos were taken at Magic Kingdom on my elder daughters 10th birthday.  She will be 20 this year so a little while ago now!

I started with some plain white Bazzill, got the sewing machine out and stitched around the edge to give a border.  I then sprayed it with some inks (ending up with more on my hands than the card!).  As the sewing machine was out I used it to stitch the ric-rac onto some plain ribbon to give a 2 tone effect.  A few strips of a hambly acetate sheet, a couple of blooms and some lettering and it was done.

I hope some of you will join in with the challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments they are always appreciated.