Sunday, July 15, 2012

Latest Chinese Whispers

Here are last months 2 layouts for the Scrapagogo Chinese Whispers.

The first one was mostly using the May Scrapagogo kit. The flowers were created using Stampin up stamps and punches.  The flower charm,  letters and lace were lying around in my stash!

The second layout is mostly Stampin up with the exception of the letters which were a couple of different sets of Thickers I have had for a while.

There are still a couple of weeks left to take part in the Cupboard Trilogy Colour Palette challenge if anyone is interested - see my last post or click on the link on the left.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Cupboard Trilogy

A little while ago I came across a Facebook group call the The Craft Cupboard which Jane Songhurst set up to allow crafters to buy and sell to each other.  There are also a couple of sister groups for challenges / chatting and selling handmade items too.  There is a wonderful group of crafters in there and it is great to have a place to chat with people with similar interests as well as buying / selling craft items.

From this a Challenge Blog emerged and a few weeks ago Jane asked if anyone was interested in being part of a design team for monthly challenges,  I decided to apply and was lucky enough to be accepted onto the scrapbooking team.  There is also a team of card makers and digi scrapbookers too.

Today is the first challenge.

The challenge is to use at least 3 colours from the following colour palette with black and white also being allowed.  The full details can be found Here

Here is my layout:-

The photos were taken at Magic Kingdom on my elder daughters 10th birthday.  She will be 20 this year so a little while ago now!

I started with some plain white Bazzill, got the sewing machine out and stitched around the edge to give a border.  I then sprayed it with some inks (ending up with more on my hands than the card!).  As the sewing machine was out I used it to stitch the ric-rac onto some plain ribbon to give a 2 tone effect.  A few strips of a hambly acetate sheet, a couple of blooms and some lettering and it was done.

I hope some of you will join in with the challenge.